Book Now and Shiver Not!!
I'll be with you as soon as I possibly can!
Open & Up-Front About What I Charge...
My charges are...
£70.00 (+ VAT) call-out including the first hour on site
£25.00 (+ VAT) for each following 30 mins (or part of)
Saturdays: Plus £35 (+ VAT) surcharge.
Sundays & Bank Holidays
£200.00 (+ VAT) call-out including the first hour on site
£50.00 (+ VAT) for each following half an hour (or part of)
Payment is required at time of visit. Cash, Cheques or Cards Accepted.
How I like to do business...
I will always offer you my best advice regarding fault repairs and where possible will advise you of the different options available. I will help you make the best decision for YOU and not steer you towards what is easiest or most profitable for me.
I will charge you honestly and fairly for the work that we agree.
All my work is guaranteed (unless specified), I am fully insured and all work is properly documented.
I will work cleanly and efficiently, not treating your home as a building site. I always work as quickly and efficiently as possible (I want to keep your custom and therefore I want to keep your bill as low as possible).
See further down the page to Book
Some of my
Mrs Carol Silcock, Saffron Walden
Excellent service. Martin identified the problem and resolved it very quickly. He also provided us with very welcome advice for future maintenance. We were very impressed with Martin's knowledge of oil tanks and domestic oil boilers. The charges were transparent and very fair indeed plus the charges were capped so that the cost of resolving the problem did not mount up.
I would definitely recommend Martin for his very professional service.
Dan Mackay, Stansted
Fantastic service - Martin displays both the perfect balance of friendliness and professionalism. His knowledge of his trade is evident in the way he explained everything and even in depth on how it all works, what he doesn't know.... wait, I got the impression he probably knows it all when it comes to oil boilers. Not only did he diagnose the problem within moments of getting here, he went to the his van, got a replacement part and it was fixed. He also advise me further on other things that I could do/replace in the future myself. After this first dealing, I doubt I would ever call anyone else to work on our oil system.
Terms & Conditions of Business
“we” or “us” or “our” means ‘Oil Burner Tech Ltd’ trading as ‘Martin The Oil Boiler Man’ or employees or subcontractors of Oil Burner Tech Ltd
“the client” means you, the person(s) instructing us to carry out our business.
1. Tenants of rented properties instructing us to attend or perform works to a property are contracting with directly with us and therefore are considered as 'the client'. Responsibility of paying any invoices or costs are the sole responsibility of 'the client'. We therefore recommend that tenants of rented properties request their landlord to contact us directly.
2. Dismantling, clearing and re-instatement of any fitted cupboards, etc. to permit the proposed works to proceed will be charged at extra cost unless specified.
3. Terms of payment are ‘on completion & receipt of invoice’.
4. For larger jobs, such as new installation & replacements a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the estimate value is required before any major parts are ordered or supplied.
5. Ownership of any materials supplied, whether fixed or unfixed, shall not pass to the Client until payment in full has been received for said materials. We reserve the right to take whatever legal action may be necessary to secure payment for the works carried out and materials supplied either fixed or unfixed.
6. We reserve the right to charge interest at the rate of 5% above Lloyds TSB Bank current base rate per month on overdue accounts.
7. In the event where an overdue account is referred to a collection agency and/or law firm, the client will be liable for all costs incurred by us until the debt is collected in full, including any commission on collection of the additional costs and also including legal demand costs.
8. Any estimate or quotation for works is based on a non-intrusive survey of the property and, as such, it is assumed that any existing systems that we connect to are in good condition and in working order. Should we find, during the course of the works, any faults with the existing systems we reserve the right to make a charge for correcting same.
9. Any additional works that the Client requires to be carried out whilst the specified works are being executed will be charged at extra cost. An indication of such cost will be given and the client's agreement to same will be obtained before the additional works proceed.
10. No allowance has been made for the casing in of pipework or painting/decorating of the new works unless specified.
11. Whilst certain items may be specified by name or model, we reserve the option to supply goods of a different manufacturer providing they shall be suitable for the purpose intended.
12. The price specified in any estimate does not include for the removal of any dangerous waste materials such as asbestos found when carrying out the works. This will be subject to an extra charge.
Performance and execution of works
13. Whilst all reasonable care will be taken during the execution of the works, no responsibility can be accepted for any faults or failures that may occur to existing pipework, fittings, equipment, etc. as a result of disturbance caused by the proposed works. This may include (but is not limited to) leaking pipe joints, radiator valves, drain cocks, pump valves, etc.
14. If, during the execution of the proposed works it is necessary to gain access into floors below fitted carpets, these will be lifted by us and laid back on completion. No re-stretching or fixing has been allowed for unless specified . For floors covered with thermoplastic tiles, vinyl sheet covering, cork tiles or laminate flooring, no allowance has been made for re-instatement unless specified.
15. During the execution of the proposed works, it may be necessary to isolate various water, gas & electrical services. This will be advised in good time and the period of isolation will be as short as possible.
16. Whilst all holes formed during the execution of the proposed works will be made good on completion, no allowance has been made for re-instatement of decorations. We do not guarantee to match existing brickwork where boiler flue terminals have been removed.
17. It has been assumed that unrestricted access to all relevant parts of the property will be afforded to us during the course of the works. Any delays caused by restricted access not notified at the time of survey may be subject to an extra charge and/or delay in completion.
18. Where other trades are involved in the works and these trades are not under our control any delays that may be caused to our progress by these trades may be subject to an extra charge to the client and/or delay in completion.
19. No allowance has been made for out-of-hours working unless specified or to suit our own requirements.
20. All dates or times given for the start of or duration of the works are given in good faith based on the information gained during the survey and our current workload commitments. These times may be varied, however, due to unforeseen circumstances i.e. emergency call-outs, breakdowns, etc. or to circumstances beyond our control. No liability will be accepted if it is not possible to meet the client’s timescales.
21. Any works will be guaranteed against faulty design and workmanship for a period of twelve months from date of completion. The materials supplied will be subject to the suppliers/manufacturers guarantees. The Client's Statutory Right in law are not affected by this guarantee. This guarantee does not extend to existing equipment, pipework or fittings.
22. Any items or materials supplied by the Client or others for our fixing will be unpacked and inspected in the presence of the Client. Any faults found will be pointed out to the Client whose responsibility it will be to obtain replacement items. Any delays caused by faulty or damaged items may be chargeable, may result in us withdrawing from site and may affect the completion date of the works.
23. Should the works include a flush of the existing heating system, it must be pointed out that, whilst this process is generally harmless, depending on the condition of the existing components the process may find weaknesses in the system. Should any such problems be encountered any rectification works required may be charged at extra cost.
24. Should the works include a conversion of an existing ‘vented heating system’ or ‘vented/low pressure hot water system’ to an ‘unvented heating system’ or ‘unvented/mains-pressure hot water system’, the Client should be aware that the higher pressures used by this type of boiler may find weaknesses in the existing system. Any repairs required in this respect are not included in this estimate.
25. This estimate does not include for any parking fees levied in Controlled Parking Zones (CPZ's). Any such fees incurred will be passed onto the Client at cost.
26. It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that all children and pets are kept away from the areas in which we are working.
27. If the proposed works are being carried out in a leasehold property it is the sole responsibility of the Client to ensure that all necessary permissions have been obtained in writing from the landlords/managing agents. We accept no responsibility whatever for any works carried out without the necessary permissions.